Augusta Offers Dog Training Classes at our Long Lake Facility
Stop by and check out our dog training academy. Our spacious 3000 square foot facility allows for a quality training experience with matted floors and state-of-the-art training equipment. We offer Obedience, Agility, Canine Good Citizen and Therapy Dog Classes. Class size is limited to ensure that learning is optimized. Our friendly instructors are highly experienced and enjoy working with people and their dogs.
At Augusta we welcome family participation and make training a fun and positive experience for all. Call for class times and schedules.
Classes are one hour in duration and meet once a week for 6 weeks. Cost is $120.00 per course. We proudly offer a variety of classes depending upon your dog’s age and experience.
Puppy Kindergarten is a puppy specialization class that focuses on the important elements of early training, socialization and environmental enrichment. Topics include housebreaking, crate training, loose leash walking, come when called, jumping, nipping and safety with food bowls and bones.
Our basic classes are formal training for the adolescent or adult dog. Skills taught include sit, wait, down, heel, and come when called. Class size is limited to optimize learning. We welcome family participation. Commands are taught in a fun, pet friendly manner and gently enforced to ensure reliable performance.
Our Proof & Polish Class is designed to prepare both dog and handler for either Canine Good Citizen or Therapy Dog evaluation. Dog must have successfully completed Basic Obedience Class to enroll in our Proof and Polish class. A Canine Good Citizen Certificate is a requirement for enrollment in Therapy Dog Classes.
Our Proof and Polish Class is also recommended for our in-home training clients as it is an excellent supplement to private training.
Our motto at Augusta is Come Play with Us and we invite you to do so with our Agility Classes!
Agility is popular, action-oriented dogs sport that is FUN for both dog and owner. Our Agility classes are a 6 lesson course that meets weekly for 1 hour on Mondays. We offer classes for both puppies and adult beginners. Cost is $140.00 for a 6 week course.
Our Puppy Agility course is for puppies 4 months to 11 months of age. It is designed to properly teach the foundation work of Agility and develop a happy and enthusiastic attitude towards training. Consideration is made for the special needs of growing puppies, so undue stress is not placed upon developing bones and joints. Puppies should either have completed or currently be enrolled in a puppy socialization class. Class size is limited to ensure a quality experience.
Level I & II Agility
Get ready to have the time of your life with your dog! Our Agility Foundation Class introduces dogs and owners to the action packed sport of Agility dog training. Training games are taught to build motivation and teamwork! Extra emphasis is placed on learning how to navigate the obstacles safely.
Designed for dogs 1 year of age or older who have completed or are participating in a Beginner Obedience course. Dogs and handlers will be introduced to the basics of Agility. Class size is limited to ensure a quality experience for all.
We will be adding more advanced classes in the future. All classes will continue to advance as their skills advance.
We offer a variety of class times to accommodate busy schedules!
Call for dates and times.
Therapy Dog Classes
Dogs exude love and happiness. Who doesn’t love to come home to puppy kisses and happy tail wags? By certifying your dog as a registered Therapy Dog you will be able to share the joy with others who are less fortunate or in need of a day-brightener.
Our 6 week course preps you and your dog for the requirements of hospital, school, hospice and group home visits.
In addition to dog training and handling, our curriculum includes critical Handler Information on theory, body language, stress signals as well as other critical information that is vital to conducting stress-free and positive therapy visits.
Our course is compatible with both Pet Partners and Therapy Dog International Testing requirements.
We offer Therapy Dog testing various times throughout the year.
- Classes meet one hour per week for 6 weeks
- Course fee is $120.00 for the 6 week course
- Dog must have earned a Canine Good Citizen Certificate
- Vaccination requirements apply
- Call for class dates and times
Group Class Policies
Puppy, Obedience, Agility and Therapy Dog Training
- Enrollment is required. Payment in full secures your spot in a class.
- We have a 48 hour cancellation policy. If you cancel within 48 hours of the start of the course, we will not offer a refund unless we can fill your spot in the course.
- We do not offer refunds for missed classes. Missed classes can be made up if we offer the same course at an alternative day and time AND there is room in the class.
- Dogs are required to be up to date on their vaccinations including Rabies, Distemper, Parvovirus and Bordetella.
- Dogs must be protected by a flea and tick product.
- Please potty your dog prior to entering our Training Academy. If your dog has a bathroom accident, please clean up after him or her.
- Family participation is encouraged in our Obedience Classes to ensure consistent training in the home environment.
- Children 8 years and older are welcome to participate in class with parental supervision.
- Soft soled shoes are required on our training floor. We do not allow flip flops, high heels, boots or open backed shoes as running may be involved in the training process.
- A 6 foot training lead is required. We will recommend the proper training collars, head halters and equipment based upon the personality of the dog and needs of the family.
- Dogs enrolled in agility classes are required to be on a flat-buckle collar. No prong collars or choke collars are allowed.
- We do not allow a harness except on dogs smaller than 6 pounds.
- Please arrive 10 minutes before the start of class so we can start on time.
- During discussion time please attempt to keep your dog quiet so that all may hear the instructor.
- Participation assumes that you will practice with your dog at home. We anticipate that owners will train their dog 15 – 20 minutes each day, or as recommended by instructor and based upon the homework provided.
- Dogs with a history of aggression are not eligible for participation in group classes. We recommend in-home instruction for these dogs.
- Augusta reserves the right to remove a dog and/or handler from class to ensure a quality experience for all.