Augusta Offers Dog Training Classes at our Long Lake Facility
Stop by and check out our dog training academy. Our spacious 3000 square foot facility allows for a quality training experience with matted floors and state-of-the-art training equipment. We offer Obedience, Agility, Canine Good Citizen and Therapy Dog Classes. Class size is limited to ensure that learning is optimized. Our friendly instructors are highly experienced and enjoy working with people and their dogs.
At Augusta we welcome family participation and make training a fun and positive experience for all. Call for class times and schedules.
Classes are one hour in duration and meet once a week for 6 weeks. Cost is $120.00 per course. We proudly offer a variety of classes depending upon your dog’s age and experience.
• For puppies 10 weeks to 6 mos.
• Puppies are taught self-regulating behavior, develop desirable coping skills, create a learn to learn attitude and are introduce to confidence building activities (use of Agility equipment).
• Discuss common topics such as housebreaking, crate training, nipping, jumping as well as start the teaching process of simple obedience commands.t
• Confidence building activities are developed by safe introduction to puppy appropriate Agility equipment.
• Puppies socialize in a supervised setting with the puppies segregated by size. Inappropriate behavior is interrupted. Owners are actively involved in the puppy playtime.
• Prerequisite Puppy Pre-K
• Puppy Kindergarten 2 follows the same format as Puppy Kindergarten 1 with continued puppy socialization
• Greater emphasis is placed on good manners and basic obedience.
• Introduction to basic commands include sit, down stay, wait, come and leash walking.
• Ongoing confidence building exercises (safe introduction of Agility equipment)
• Dogs over 8 months of age, puppies who have complete Puppy 1 and Puppy 2
• Skills taught include controlled leash walking, sit, down, wait at doorways, come when called, introduction of go to Mat
• Additional skills taught at the Instructors discretion
• Prerequisite Family Dog 1
• Emphasis on reliable performance with one command response
• Introduction to off leash work
• Preparation Class for Canine Good Citizen certification and Therapy Dog Certification
Puppy Classes at Augusta!
Augusta offers a unique puppy development program. Our Puppy Pre-K (Puppy Class1) emphasizes developing life skills. Puppy Kindergarten (Puppy Class 2) continues life skill development while teaching key obedience skills.
Yappy Hour offers additional group play that hones critical social skills. Puppies are grouped by size and age to ensure a safe and fun experience for all. Unlike doggy daycare, owners participate in the playgroups. This continues critical human socialization skills.
Our in-home Welcome Home Puppy Package™ offers a personalized training program that is tailored for each individual puppy and focuses on the issues in the home environment.
Puppy 1: Puppy Pre-K Course: Mondays at Noon, Wednesday at 6:00p.m., Saturdays at 8:15a.m.
Puppies: Create self-regulating behavior, develop desirable coping skills, create a learn to learn attitude and introduce confidence building activities.
Owners: Discuss common topics such as housebreaking, crate training, nipping, jumping as well as start the teaching process of simple obedience commands.
- Circle Time. During Circle Time we will discuss the concerns, issues and successes of the class each week.
Owners are encouraged to bring a matt and puzzle toy (Kong, Buddy Squirrel, Buster Cube etc.) or chew bone for circle time. The puzzle toy and mat will teach your puppy to “settle” by maintaining focus in a highly distracting situation.
- Activity: learning new skills
Following Circle-Time we will take 10 – 15 minutes to teach a new skill. These skills will range from teaching name recognition to food bowl safety to teaching a puppy recall (come when called).
Activities will be separated into three categories of Safety, Manners and New Experiences:
For Example: Safety: Name recognition, food dish safety, collar grab
New Experience: Agility tunnel, plank, balance discs
Manners: Sit, Down, Go to Mat, Loose Leash Walking
- Puppy Playtime
Following each activity-session we will have a brief puppy play time. There will be at least two puppy playtimes per class. Think of playtime as a very short gym class for puppies. Puppies will be allowed to socialize in a supervised setting. Inappropriate social behavior will be interrupted.
Puppy 2: Puppy Kindergarten: Mondays at 1:00p.m., Wednesdays at 7:15p.m. and Saturdays at 9:30a.m.
Puppy Kindergarten 2 follows the same format as Puppy Kindergarten 1. A greater emphasis is placed on good manners and basic obedience.
Yappy Hour: Saturdays at 11:30a.m.
Yappy hour allows puppies to continue to develop key socialization skills with other dogs and non-family members.
All puppies enrolled in Puppy Kindergarten 1 and 2 are eligible to attended Yappy Hour until one year of age.
Upon graduating from Puppy Kindergarten 2 puppies may continue to attend Yappy Hour until one year of age.
Augusta reserves the right to remove any puppy or owner from Yappy hour for inappropriate conduct.
Family Dog Training Classes at Augusta Long Lake
Our Family Dog classes are designed for dog owners who are seeking a well-behaved and friendly canine companion who is considered a valued family member. Our goal is to develop dogs that are well-behaved around the home and in public.
Our classes are taught in a family and dog-friendly manner, with techniques that are effective and fun!
Our instructors are friendly, enthusiastic and highly experienced!
Class size is limited to optimize learning and we welcome family participation.
Commands are taught in a fun, pet friendly manner and gently enforced to ensure reliable performance.
Family Dog 1: Basic Obedience: Mondays at 2:00p.m., Thursdays at 6:00 p.m. and Saturdays at 10:45
Dogs 6 months and older
Coursework includes introduction to sit, down, stay and wait at doorways, loose leash, controlled walking, come when called and “Mat”, a go-lie down command.
Family Dog 2: Intermediate Obedience: Mondays at 3:00 p.m. (based on interest), Thursdays at 7:15p.m.
Our Family Dog 2 is a proof and polish course that continues the training process for dogs who have completed a basic obedience course. Emphasis is placed upon a one-command response, reliable performance in a distracting environment and introduction to off leash work.
Family Dog 2 is also a prep course for dog owners who are interested pursuing Canine Good Citizen and Therapy Dog certification.
Introduction to Agility: Tuesdays 6:00p.m.
Get ready to have the time of your life with your dog! Our Introduction to Agility Class introduces dogs and owners to the action-packed sport of Agility dog training. You and your dog will have fun and build teamwork by learning to navigate tunnels, tires, jumps and A -Frames.
Extra emphasis is placed on learning how to navigate the obstacles safely & equipment height is adjusted for beginners.
We also teach training games to build motivation and teamwork!
Introduction to Agility is a 6-week course meeting one hour per week. Designed for dogs 8 months of age or older who have completed a Beginner Obedience (Family Dog 1) course. Class size is limited to ensure a quality experience for all.