Dog Training Classes at Long Lake
Stop by and check out our dog training academy! Our spacious 3000 square foot facility allows for a quality training experience with matted floors and state-of-the-art training equipment.
We offer Obedience, Agility, Canine Good Citizen and Therapy Dog Classes. Class size is limited to ensure that learning is optimized.
Our friendly instructors are highly experienced and enjoy working with people and their dogs.
At Augusta we welcome family participation and strive to make make training a fun and positive experience for all. Call for class times and schedules.
We proudly offer a variety of classes depending upon your dog’s age and experience. Classes are one hour in duration and meet once a week for 6 weeks.
Cost is $120.00 per 6 week course. Enroll on-line or stop in at our Long Lake location and complete enrollment form. Enrollment closes the Wednesday prior to the start of the session.
Designed for puppies 10 weeks to 6 mos.
We focus on:
• Developing self-regulating behavior, healthy coping skills & creating a learn to learn attitude
• Common topics such as housebreaking, crate training, nipping, jumping
• Introduction of early obedience commands & life skills
• Confidence building through puppy appropriate Agility training.
• Puppy socialization in a supervised setting. Puppies are segregated by size with active owner involvement.
• Prerequisite Puppy 1
• Puppy 2 follows the same format as Puppy Kindergarten 1 with continued puppy socialization
• Greater emphasis is placed on good manners and basic obedience.
• Introduction to basic commands include sit, down stay, wait, come and leash walking.
• Ongoing confidence building exercises (safe introduction of Agility equipment)
• Dogs over 8 months of age or older puppies who have complete Puppy 1 and Puppy 2
• Skills taught include controlled leash walking, sit, down, wait at doorways, come when called, introduction of Go to Mat
• Commands are taught in a fun, pet friendly manner & gently enforced to ensure reliable performance
• Additional skills taught at the Instructor's discretion
• Prerequisite Family Dog 1
• Emphasis on reliable performance with one command response
• Introduction to off-leash work
• Preparation Class for Canine Good Citizen Certification and Therapy Dog Certification
Open to dogs 8 month or older
• Prerequisite Family Dog 1
• Introduction to Agility Class introduces dogs and owners to the action-packed sport of Agility dog training.
• You and your dog will have fun and build teamwork by learning to navigate tunnels, tires, jumps and A -Frames.
• Extra emphasis is placed on learning how to navigate the obstacles safely & equipment height is adjusted for beginners
• We also teach training games to build motivation and teamwork!
• Prerequisite Family Dog 1 and Foundation Agility
• For the dogs & owners who just want to have fun!
• Advanced Agility techniques
• Sequencing obstacles
• Continued team building and confidence boosting exercises