Dog Training Classes
DOG TRAINING CLASSES AT LONG LAKE
We proudly offer a variety of classes depending upon your dog’s age and experience. Classes are one hour in duration and meet once a week for 6 weeks. Cost is $120.00 per 6 week course. Enroll on-line or stop in at our Long Lake location and complete enrollment form. Enrollment closes the Wednesday prior to the start of the session.
Stop by and check out our dog training academy! Our spacious 3000 square foot facility allows for a quality training experience with matted floors and state-of-the-art training equipment.
We offer Obedience, Agility, Canine Good Citizen and Therapy Dog Classes. Class size is limited to ensure that learning is optimized.
Our friendly instructors are highly experienced and enjoy working with people and their dogs.
At Augusta we welcome family participation and strive to make make training a fun and positive experience for all. Call for class times and schedules.
Classes fill early, enroll now!
- Mondays at 1:15 p.m.
- Wednesdays at 7:15 p.m.
- Saturdays at 9:30 a.m.
- Ages 5 months to 7 months of age
- For puppies who have either completed a Puppy Kindergarten course or who are new to obedience classes
- Good manners and basic obedience skills are taught in an age appropriate, positive manner
- Introduction to basic commands include sit, down stay, wait, come and leash walking
- Ongoing socialization with other puppies
- Confidence building activities that include safe introduction of Agility equipment.
Family Dog 1
- Mondays at 2:30 p.m.
- Thursdays at 6:00 p.m.
- Saturdays at 10:45 a.m.
- Dogs over 8 months of age or older puppies who have completed Puppy Kindergarten and Puppy Basic
- Skills taught include controlled leash walking, sit, down, wait at doorways, come when called, introduction of Go to Mat
- Commands are taught in a fun, pet friendly manner & gently enforced to ensure reliable performance
- Additional skills taught at the Instructor’s discretion
Family Dog 2
- Mondays at 3:45 p.m. (based on interest)
- Thursdays at 7:15 p.m
- Prerequisite Family Dog 1
- Emphasis on reliable performance with one command response
- Introduction to off-leash work
- Preparation Class for Canine Good Citizen Certification and Therapy Dog Certification
Intro to Agility
- Tuesdays at 6:00pm
Open to dogs 8 month or older
- Prerequisite Family Dog 1
- Introduction to Agility Class introduces dogs and owners to the action-packed sport of Agility dog training.
- You and your dog will have fun and build teamwork by learning to navigate tunnels, tires, jumps and A -Frames.
- Extra emphasis is placed on learning how to navigate the obstacles safely & equipment height is adjusted for beginners
- We also teach training games to build motivation and teamwork!
- Tuesday at 7:15 p.m
- Prerequisite Family Dog 1 and Foundation Agility
- For the dogs & owners who just want to have fun!
- Advanced Agility techniques
- Sequencing obstacles
- Continued team building and confidence boosting exercises
- Beginners: Monday at 8:30 p.m
- Intermediate: Monday at 7:15 p.m
- Advanced: Monday at 6:00 p.m
Beginner, Intermediate and Advanced Classes follow the same format of our obedience classes. They are 6 weeks in duration meeting once per week for 1 hour.
Class is limited to 6 dog handler teams. Cost is $140.00